About Sota Pop


Sota Pop Weddings features the ruminations of Alyson Newquist, owner of Juliane James Place, a new Minnesota wedding venue two hours north of the Cities and an hour south of Duluth. Alyson is getting married at JJP in July 2011.

If you have a Minnesota wedding you would like to see posted here, send pictures! If you are a Minnesota vendor please introduce yourself! I hope this blog will be a place where we can build the Minnesota wedding community and focus on how creative and beautiful of a place we live in.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Outdoor Weddings Treats

I feel like I just fell into the Etsy baked-goods accoutrement rabbit hole...

I was perusing Etsy looking at designer cupcake liners to pizazz to outdoor weddings at Juliane James Place and came across these super cute Woodland Cookie Cutters from The Cupcake Social.

Woodland Cookie Cutters from The Cupcake Social (here)
I think the little cookie critters would look so cute with log cakes.  I think that this yule log from Martha Stewart, that I have been obsessed with since it was in Living a couple holiday seasons ago, could be easily modified to not look as Christmas-like.


Lots of little logs surrounding a bigger faux bois cake like one of these below.  Jesse and I plan to have a faux bois cake like the pink one with the anemones on it for our wedding.  


No comments:

Post a Comment